District Employment Exchange
District Employment Exchange, Guwahati : Overview
Contacts: District Employment Exchange, Guwahati, AK Azad Rd, Rehabari, Guwahati, Assam 781008.
The Employment Service came into existence in India under the stress of post second world-war demobilization. The Employment service is included in the Concurrent list of the Constitution of India. The Policies, Standards & Procedures are entrusted to the Government to control day to day functioning of the Employment Exchange. The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act 1959 was passed in 1959 to provide for the compulsory notification of vacancies to employment exchanges and came in to force w.e.f. 1st may 1960. The Employment Exchanges in Assam works under the Skill, Employment, and Entrepreneurship Department, Govt. of Assam which allows the unemployment youth to get themselves registered for employment. It allows the youth to get employment on the basis of their qualification and experience. The benefits of being registered in employment exchange are -The candidate becomes a part of the live data of registration in the Employment Exchanges, the candidate is sponsored against notified vacancies as per his qualification, age, category, etc. Being a registered applicant, the candidate is eligible for sponsorship for trainings / coaching under different Govt. schemes. The candidate is also eligible for career guidance for self-employment.
Works / Services
- Registration of Job Seekers-up to Post Graduate/ Graduate level, Diploma Holders, ITI Pass. in www.employment.assam.gov.in
- Renewal of Employment Exchange .in www.employment.assam.gov.in Card-within 3 months of renewal date which is valid up to 3 Years.
- Employment Market Information (EMI)-Collection of ER-I Returns.
- Enforcement of Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959.
- Issue of Unemployment Certificate.
- Issue of Certificate of Employment for Local People of Assam
- Promotion of Self Employment Schemes.
- National Career Service (NCS) – a) Jobseeker Online Registration. b) Career Counseling & Guidance. C) Vocational Guidance D) Employer Online Registration.
- Conducting Recruitment and Placement Drive .
Documents required for Registration in Employment Exchange
Aadhaar Based/Non Aadhaar Registration in the www.employmentassam.gov.in
- Aadhaar Card/PAN Card/ Driving Licence /Voter Id
- Proof of residence
- Educational Qualification Certificate
- Age proof certificate
- Additional Qualification Certificate
- Experience Certificate (if any)
- Caste Certificate
Office Staff Details
|Name of the Officer||Designation||Contact Number||Remarks|
Mrs Manjita Baruah
(i/c) Asstt. Director of Employment
Overall in charge of the office with DDO powers
Shri Sanjay Kumar Rabha
Govt. of India has taken initiative for transforming the National Employment Service to National Career Service which aims to provide a variety of Employment-related Services. A Model Career Centre (MCC) started under National Career Service (NCS) in 2016 in District Employment Exchange, Guwahati and started functioning from 2017.
The functions of Model Career Centre (MCC) are-
- Jobseekers Online Registration at www.ncs.gov.in portal.
- Career Guidance, Career Counseling at Model Career Centre, Guwahati.
- Employers Online Registration at www.ncs.gov.in portal.