Environment & Forest
Guwahati Social Forestry Division with H/Q at Basistha, Guwahati – 29 is under the Social Forestry wing of Assam Forest Department. The entire area under Kamrup Metro District and parts of Kamrup District (Hajo Sf Range & Boko SF Range falls under the jurisdiction of Guwahati SF Division. The area under RF in both the District are under the jurisdiction Kamrup East (T), Kamrup West (T) and North Kamrup (T) Division.
- To improve the environment for protecting agriculture from adverse climatic factors.
- To increase the natural beauty of the landscape; create recreational forest for the benefits of rural and urban population.
- To effect land rehabilitation.
- To raise Nurseries for plantation created by various Govt. Department /Organization, NGO, and public.
- To raise plantation to enhance tree cover outside Forest.
- To raise awareness amongst public regarding benefits of incising tree cover in the state
- Office Address
Divisional Forest Office, Guwahati Social Forestry Division, Basistha, Guwahati - 29
- Name, Designation & Official Contact No. of Head
Sri Binod Kr. Payeng, AFS, Divisional Forest Officer, M/No. 8638688328
- Official email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
There are four Ranges i.e. Sonapur SF Range, City Plantation Range, Hajo SF Range, Boko SF Range and one Account Beat i.e. Pragjyotishpur Beat
DIFFERENT WINGS OF THE ORGANISATION IN THE DISTRICT
Hajo SF Range and Boko SF Range under Guwahati SF Division are located in Kamrup District.
Bio-diversity Park at Dhanhati, Lampara Park and 1.5 ha. CAMPA Nursery under Boko SF Range and Saraighat Van Udyan, Medicinal and aromatic plants Garden, Gandhmow under Hajo SF Range