PROFILE OF THE DEPARTMENT/ORGANISATION
The O/o the District Transport Officer& Secy, Kamrup, Amingaon is one of the most important revenue earning departments of Kamrup District. For smooth regulation of transport services of Kamrup District , this office is established in the Year 2011.
The Head of the Transport Department, known as Commissioner of Transport looks after efficient enforcement and implementation of various Motor Vehicle Acts and Rules, registration of vehicles, assessment and collection of Motor Vehicles tax and fees etc, grant/issuance of fitness certificate to the transport vehicles.
This office plays a crucial role in enabling trouble-free social interaction and connecting people by developing strategic transport planning and policies of this district. The key focus of this office is to regulate transport services; maintenance of road safety measures; registration of vehicles and licensing of drivers; issuance and renewal driving license; identification of offender vehicles violating the existing rules with subsequent actions; remedial measures to minimize vehicular air pollution etc among many others.
Due emphasis is on enhancement and expansion of transport related infrastructure to facilitate economic development of the state. A number of schemes have also been implemented in the interest of the general public, besides providing necessary steps for bringing rural connectivity.
- Revenue collection
- Authorisation and issuance of permit for National and All India vehicles. Detection of offender vehicles violating the relevant Rules & Regulations and take action against them through the Enforcement Wing of Transport Department.
- Road Safety
- Administration of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 and Rules framed there under .
- Issuance and renewal of driving licenses/International Driving Permits.
- Registration of Vehicles and its related activities.
- Issuance of trade certificate to dealers of the vehicles.
d. CONTACT US
i) Office Add: AMINGAON ICD,Near SBI ICD Amingaon
ii) Name, Designation & Official Contact No. of Head
ii) Official email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIFFERENT WINGS OF THE ORGANISATION IN THE DISTRICT:
- Enforcement Wing
- MVI Wing
- Office Administrative Staff
- Scheme on Skill Training in Driving
- Covid Relief Scheme for Driver, Conductor and Handymen