The Department of Fisheries,Kamrup is apex Government body for implementing and monitoring different developmental schemes/projects etc. in fishery sector to make the secotr self reliant. Since, fish play important role in assamese culture and society and also an important eatery item to every assamese people, so it has higher demand among the consumers. To address all issues right from fish culture, production, marketing and other relevant fields, the department takes care in every steps through various schemes/ projects.
- To promote fish culture in a better way through various developmental schemes.
- To address various issues of fish farming at farmers doorstep for better growth and production of raw fish.
- To aware and hold filed level Awareness camps/trainings/Workshops/Street functions on feasibility and profitability of fish farming among the target people.
- To liasion between different line departments for the interest of fish farming.
- To create employabilities and income generation through fish farming.
- To popularise various types of fish items at par people choices etc.
- Implementation and monitoring of various developmental schemes.
- Holding awareness camp/trainings/workshops etc at field level.
- Regulations of fish marketing.
- Liasoning with other line departments.
Office of the District Fisheries Dev Officer, Near Directorate of Fisheries Assam.
Bishnu Rabha Path,Sarabh Bhati
|Sl||Name of the Officer||Designation||Contact No|
Ayub Uddin Ahmed
Dist. Fishery Dev. Officer
The organisational structures of the Department of Fisheries, Kamrup is as follows
(Field Level Set Up )
District Fishery Dev. Officer
Sub Divional Fishery Dev. Officer
Fishery Development Officer
Power Pump Operator/Driver
(Ministrial Set Up)
District Fishery Dev. Officer ( Chief Administrator)
Grade - iv Staffs.
Different wings of the organisation:
- Office of the District Fishery Dev. Officer,Kamrup
- Office of the CEO,Fish Farmers Development Agency,Kamrup
- Office of the Sub Divisional Fisshery Dev. Officer Rangia