OVER VIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT
NAME OF THE DEPARTMENT : WATER RESOURCES DEPARTMENT.
GUWAHATI EAST WATER RESOURCES DIVISION.
Mail ID : email@example.com
BASICOVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Guwahati East Water Resources Division is one of the important division under Water Resources Department. The division is located in Guwahati Metro District at Rehabari . The division comprises 3 (three) nos of sub-division
1. Guwahati East W.R. Sub-division No-I
2. Guwahati Central Sub-division
3. Guwahati East Sub- division No-II
Out of above three sub-divisions Guwahati East Sub-division No- II falls under the Jurisdiction of Kamrup District whereas the other two Sub-divisions falls under Kamrup ( M) jurisdiction.
The organization structure of this division are ąs floows
1. Executive Engineer
2. Asst. Executive.EngInher
3. Assistant Engineer/ Junior Engineer
4. Subordinate Engineer
5. Sectional Assistant
SCHEMES UNDER THE DEPARTMENT
This Department mainly deals with flood and erosion problem of river Brahmaputra and its tributories. The embankment which were constructed earlier are maintained by this division. Also the bank erosion which occurred during flood are also mitigated by this division. The major river falls under this division is Brahmaputra and tributories like Barnadi and kalajol.
The right bank embankment of Barnadi which is under the jurisdiction of Guwahati East W.R. Sub-Division No.II starts from Halda and ends at Lenga covering a distance of 22.50 Km.
The river Brahmaputra have the following embankment:
1. R/B embankment of Brahmaputra from Lenga to Dhirgeswari for a length of 4.00 KM
2. Rangmahal bund of Brahmaputra for a length of 3.50 Km.
3. Singimari ring bund of Brahmaputra for a length of 1.96 KM.
4. Gandhmow ring bund of Brahmaputra for a length of 1.90 Km
5. Marginal bund of Soulkuchi in Brahmaputra river for a length of 2.50 KM
The left bank embankment of Kalajol river in Pacharia village covering a distance of 8.00 KM under the jurisdiction of this division.
Ther are five nos of major sluice gate as mentioned below
1. Siligurijan sluice at Dhirgeswari, North Guwahati.
2. Ghorajan sluice at ghorajan channel.
3. Tilling gaon sluice at Tilling gaon, North Guwahati.
4. Dighalighijan sluice at Pacharia village.
5. Mallong sluice at Mallong village.
1. Executive Engineer
Mahibur Rahman. M No 8402971686
Bharat Bhusan Sarma. M No 7002916356/ 9435726380